Solana Networks has an opening for a Data Scientist to work on Network Traffic Analytics - for a 4 month contract. Candidates should enjoy working as part of small nimble teams.
- Identify suitable methods for machine-learning based traffic analysis - leveraging supervised and semi-supervised learning. This includes determining appropriate features and models.
- Develop prototype software tools to analyze network traffic based on the above methods
- Develop automated methods to create labeled traffic data sets with high confidence
- Carry out test, evaluation and analysis of implemented solutions
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience with scripting languages (eg Python)
- Experience with R and open source machine learning tools/libraries
- Experience with databases (SQL-based or other)
- Analytical problem solving abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Systematic research skills
The following are desirable:
- Research experience with machine learning
- Experience/knowledge of network protocols
- Experience with Linux and Virtual Machines
- Experience with JAVA
Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (MSC, PhD and/or Post doc experience would be an asset).
Please submit your resume to hr[at]solananetworks[dot]com.